Have you ever experienced a coincidence that left you feeling odd? These 24 people share the creepiest and most chilling coincidences they’ve ever experienced.
1. I was walking through a graveyard yesterday, and stepped on a broken piece of headstone with just my birthday inscribed on it.
2. When my cousin and I were babies (we’re just under two years apart) we were sleeping in my room while our moms were wrapping Christmas gifts. They were downstairs when they hear a woman on the baby monitor saying to my cousin who was starting to cry, “Don’t worry, your mom will be here soon.” My mom and aunt run upstairs and no one was there…
3. Last December,I had a bad dream early-ish in the morning that my dad had stopped taking his liver medication and that he was going to die. In the dream, I asked why he had been so careless but he said that it was just his time. When I woke up, my sister texted me that dad was in the hospital. He passed away 3 weeks later due to, of course, liver complications from not taking his medication.
4. I worked at a library for a very long time, and in an effort to not lose my soul, I collected stuff I found in books. My favorite discovery was a hilarious postcard between two friends. I immediately thought, “I’d like to met these people.” I kept it next to my computer for a few years.
After a few years pass, I’m going through my papers and find a postcard from my girlfriend that I don’t recognize. It takes me a few minutes to understand that I’m reading the postcard I’d put aside years earlier, between someone who was now my girlfriend and another person I’d come to know as a friend. It was probably the weirdest event in a series of events that defied probability regarding a ton of surreal linking events in our lives.
5. When we were kids a group of us used to hang around near a small stream. One night we were there I got a really bad feeling, and told my friends I was going home. I begged them to come with me, but only one did. I practically legged it up the hill from the stream, I was so afraid. The next day I found out the girls that stayed got beaten up by a gang less than fifteen minutes after my friend and I left.