The photographs you are about to see give us a very different perspective on well-known things, places or phenomena. But you just might not recognize them at first. Check it out…
1. Shanhaiguan District, where the Great Wall of China begins right on the shore of the Bohai Sea. It’s known as ’Old Dragon’s Head.’
2. The inside of a Google data center.
3. A lava lake in the caldera of the Erta Ale volcano, Ethiopia.
4. An x-ray of someone’s spine before and after they had treatment for scoliosis.
5. The most detailed image of Mercury ever taken.
6. Bagger 288, the largest excavator in the world.
7. A cross-section of an underwater communication cable.
8. The Bavarian town of Nördlingen, built inside the crater made by a meteorite which fell to Earth around 14 million years ago.
9. Two kilograms of fat compared to two kilograms of muscle.
10. Daytona Beach, Florida, 1957.
11. A watch belonging to Akito Kawagoe. It stopped at 8:15 — the exact time when the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima in 1945.
12. The eggs of an octopus.
13. A full circle rainbow, photographed from a plane.
14. A true-color image of Mars, taken by the Curiosity rover.
15. People climbing Mount Everest in May 2013.
16. A huge dust storm in Western Australia, 2013.
17. A mountain of used tires (bird’s-eye view).
18. The aurora borealis, or northern lights, seen from space.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”