As humans we see some things that our minds simply don’t have the capacity to comprehend? Well that is what these 21 mind-blowing optical illusions will do to your brain. They play tricks on our minds and make us see things that aren’t really there. See if you have the brain power to understand these optical illusions.
1. The reason we are perceiving one color as two different colors is because of the other colors surrounding the stripes. Each of your eyes has six to seven million cones, which are concentrated in a central yellow spot known as the macula. These cones measure color in different wavelengths, where some of which overlap. Our brain then compares by measuring the differences in wavelengths between the colors. When certain colors are combined, the brain can’t process the data from the cones correctly and we get confused.
2. Cross your eyes, and a figure you’ll most likely recognize will appear.
3. Do the shapes look like they are floating? Try concentrating on a single one.
4. Do you see someone looking directly at you, or the side profile of someone?
5. Look at the left end of the picture, how many prongs do you see? Now look at the right.
6. Scan the picture from left to right. Anything happening with the dots?
7. The lines in this picture are clearly curved right? Wrong. They are actually all straight lines.
8. The top yellow line is clearly bigger than the bottom one right? Wrong. They are both the same size.
9. Focus on one of the pillars. Now focus on the empty space. What do you see?
10. Rabbit or duck?