When it comes to snacking, chips and dip are always a classic choice. Who doesn’t love the satisfying combination of creamy and crunchy? While the combinations are practically endless, and we never met a dip we didn’t like, our latest Tex-Mex-inspired creation seriously hits the spot and has gotten rave reviews from our friends and family!
This dip only takes a few minutes to prep, then we let our slow cooker do the rest of the work for us. It’s so much better than anything out of a jar, and almost as easy…. But don’t take our word for it, make it for your next get-together and watch it get gobbled up!
15 minutes active; 2 hours inactive to prepare serves 8-10
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup onions, finely diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Tortilla chips
1. In a slow cooker, combine ground beef, Mexican cheese blend, black beans, cream cheese, diced tomatoes, milk, onions, taco seasoning, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
2. Stir well and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
3. Top with sour cream and cilantro, and serve warm with tortilla chips.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”