I don’t know about you, but after surviving another frigid winter, my mind is set on the beach. I can’t wait to spend my free time swimming and lounging in the sun with a drink in my hand. These are some of my favorite things to do during the warmer months and I will take every opportunity I can to enjoy them.
If you like all of the wonderful things summer has to offer and are looking for the perfect bit of manicure inspiration, then you should give this neon, tropical-inspired tutorial by HannahRoxNails and Cutepolish a try! It’s fun, pretty, and will put a smile on your face with its colorful gradient and seasonal designs.
To find out how to recreate it for yourself, watch the video above and check out the tutorial below!
What You Need
- Clear base coat
- White polish
- Black polish
- Neon pink polish
- Neon orange polish
- Neon yellow polish
- Neon turquoise polish
- Clear top coat
- Black acrylic paint
- Liquid latex
- Makeup sponge
- Polish remover
- Thin nail brush
- Small paint brush
- Dotting tool
- Neon yellow studs
How To Do It
- Like every good manicure should, this one starts with a clear base coat to protect your natural nails.
- Next, paint your middle and ring fingers with white polish and the rest of them with neon pink.
- Apply liquid latex around your ring finger and let it dry.
- To create a pretty, neon gradient, line your makeup sponge with the pink, orange, yellow, and turquoise polish. Dab the sponge across your ring nail until you acheive the blend you desire.
- With a pair of tweezers, remove the liquid latex and clean up any leftover polish on your skin with a thin brush and remover.
- For the design, use black acrylic paint and a small paint brush to draw a palm tree. Create a curved line to form the trunk and then add five smaller ones on top for the branches. To finish it off, use your brush and short strokes to fluff up the branches with palm leaves.
- Move on to your middle nail and use a dotting tool to create a cluster of flowers. Four dots will form the petals and a black dot will finish off the center of each. For the prettiest, brightest design, use all four neon polishes.
- If you want, you can use the smaller end of the dotting tool and fill in the empty space between the flowers with clusters of three black dots.
- For the rest of your nails, apply a small, neon yellow stud to the base with clear top coat.
- Protect your fabulous work and give it added shine by finishing off the manicure with a clear top coat over every nail!
This look, with its cheerful colors and pretty designs, will make you feel like you’re on vacation in a tropical paradise every time you look at it. Enjoy!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”