On Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers, you may have noticed the two holes on the sides of the shoe. As a result, people on the internet have taken it upon themselves to find out why the gaps are there. There is a very specific function for the holes that appear to be random aesthetic elements.” When you don’t wear socks, the holes in the soles allow your feet to breathe. They are also supposed to be used for “bar lacing.”
Shoes can be more snugly fitted to your feet with this technique. See how to lace converse with side holes in this step-by-step guide. Everyone in your family and circle of acquaintances can benefit from these simple tricks. The two holes in the popular canvas shoes have a special function.
Here is how you do it.
- It is possible to tighten your shoe with bar lacing. The first two sets of holes at the top should be unlatched.
- Refine the lace design. A single lacing is all that’s needed to complete these shoes. Replacing it in the second hole was a snap.
- Pull it into the hole twice. The other end of the lace should be pulled through the first hole you pulled it through. When you’re done, pull the other end of the lace through the hole.
- Lace the shoe in the original process. Continue lacing one across and criss-cross once you’ve taken the two laces out at the same time. This leaves only one lace with a single cross-over.
- Any pair of Converse shoes will work for this trick! When you’re done, this is what it should look like. Dressed down yet still dressed up enough for work.