Coconut Protein Cookies
This recipe is a slightly modified version from Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
- 1.5 cups of shredded coconut flakes
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of high-quality protein powder
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/8 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Roughly chop sunflower seeds or other nuts you may wish to use in the blender until broken up into chunks.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir together, if you notice that it is too crumbly than try adding in another tablespoon of coconut oil and possibly more water.
- Scoop cookies onto a cookie tray.
- Gently press the cookies down to flatten.
- Makes about 18 cookies.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Can use 2 cups coconut shreds if you do not have/want sunflower seeds.
- Can use any other kind of nut or seed
- You can use any flavored or unflavored protein powder to change up the flavor.
- You can put the coconut whipped cream recipe in between to make an incredible coconut cookie sandwich!
Dr. Jockers Comments
This is a fun and tasty recipe that is full of fiber, healthy fats and clean protein. It is low carb, ketogenic and helps us to stabilize our blood sugar and burn fat.
If you are following an autoimmune nutrition plan, then you may want to avoid the sunflower seeds and instead use extra coconut flakes. Coconut flakes are a great source of medium chain fats that help us to burn fat and provide immediate fuel for our body and brain. They also provide good fiber for our microbiome.
Stevia is my preferred sweetener because it is one hundred times sweeter than sugar and has no effect on our blood sugar.
You can use a wide variety of protein powders, such as grass-fed whey protein that is full of branched chain amino acids to help support the development of lean body mass. If you are on an autoimmune nutrition plan and are avoiding dairy protein, then I would highly recommend our Gut Healing Protein powder here.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”