Michelle Obama celebrated her 53rd birthday recently. What an incredible First Lady she has been! We are all going to miss her in the White House!
Below are a few photos of her and the President over the years. Stolen kisses, warm embraces, and funny faces are everyday behavior for this power couple. They have been best friends since their first movie date on the Southside of Chicago in 1989. Not only is their affection for each other heartwarming, it’s also a shining example of a love that has survived 27 years of monumental ups and downs.
Michelle was not only a champion of support during both of her husband’s presidential campaigns, she has openly supported marriage equality, and frequently travels to foreign countries to empower children living in poverty. She also managed to find time to raise 2 beautiful daughters.
1. Barack Obama And Fiancé, Michelle, In Kenya, 1992
2. Michelle Obama And President Barack Obama Speak During A Rally At Alliant Energy Amphitheater In Dubuqe, Iowa On Aug. 15, 2012
3. Barack Obama And Michelle Obama Share A Private Moment In A Freight Elevator At An Inaugural Ball In Washington, D.C., Jan. 20, 2009
4. The Couple Knows How To Have Fun Together. Here, They’re Making Faces As The Car Carrying Queen Elizabeth And Prince Philip Arrives At Winfield House In London, In 2011
5. Barack Obama Kisses Michelle Obama For The “Kiss Cam” While Attending The U.S. Men’s Olympic Basketball Team’s Game Against Brazil At The Verizon Center In Washington, On July 16, 2012
6. The First Lady Snuggled Against The President During A Video Taping For The 2015 World Expo In The Diplomatic Reception Room Of The White House
7. President Barack Obama And First Lady Michelle Obama Imitate Monsters As They Read Where The Wild Things Are During The White House Easter Egg Roll On The South Lawn Of The White House On March 28, 2016 In Washington, D.C.
8. President Barack Obama Watches First Lady Michelle Obama Dance With 106-Year-Old Virginia McLaurin Prior To A Reception Celebrating African American History
9. Michelle And Barack Obama Ride On His Campaign Bus In New Hampshire After A Late Night Of Campaigning In 2008
10. The President And First Lady Hold Hands As They Listen To The Remarks Of Rep. John Lewis Commemorating The 50th Anniversary Of Bloody Sunday And The Selma To Montgomery Civil Rights Marches On March 7, 2015