When it comes to taking care of your home, security should be one of your top priorities. It’s just too easy these days for people to break in and rob you of your valuables. Sure, there are plenty of elaborate locks and alarms you can install, but what happens when a determined burglar gets past them?
These people decided to get more creative with their home security. The results, as you’ll see, are pretty amazing.
1. Sure, you could just hide your valuables under the fridge, but why not go the extra mile?
2. An empty jar of mayo or peanut butter makes for a subtle hiding place.
3. A house plant is one of the last places a burglar would look for your money.
4. The same goes for your garage door mechanism.
5. The vents in your home provide endless hiding possibilities.
6. Remove the cover of your vacuum cleaner for an extra sneaky hiding spot.
7. This egg beater is actually the handle for a secret compartment!
8. The toe kick beneath your cabinets can be removed as well.
9. Here’s a clever idea: use binder clips to hide important documents in tiny spaces.
10. This person drilled a hollow space in their door to keep cash and a valuable USB drive with sensitive information.
11. This secret book case is pretty awesome.
12. The space beneath your stairs can be converted into a secret storage space.
13. Floor safes are a solid alternative, as well.
14. Dummy PVC piping can provide a safe hiding place.
15. Don’t forget that you can always tape things behind your headboard.
16. A hollowed-out book is a good spot if you have enough decoys.
17. And if you want to be extra, extra discreet, a secret door in the side of the house is what you need.
The secret book case compartment might be expensive to build, but a lot of these are really simple… and brilliant!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”