Because of their playfulness, patience, and sociability, dogs are naturally great companions for kids. Cats often tend to run away if lavished with too much attention or even lash out sometimes, but dogs and kids are generally on the same page when it comes to having fun. Beyond that, kids can also learn a lot of valuable things from their faithful Fido. Below are some of the lessons that kids with dogs know all about.
1. Kids who grow up with a dog learn certain things other kids don’t.
2. For instance, there’s no need to be scared of the dark …
3. … while still cherishing the ones that are closest to you!
4. Unconditional love exists.
5. It’s ok to be vulnerable.
6. … as long as you’ve got someone to cuddle.
7. Sharing really is caring.
8. Sometimes you fall down …
9. Lean on your friends if you need to.
10. Let others take care of you.
11. Big opportunities can come in small packages.
12. … but someone will pick you up again.