- 5 cups water
- 1 cup half & half or milk
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2-1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (my family likes things sweet, so we use one cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Stir all the ingredients together in the slow cooker, cook on LOW overnight, about 8 hours.
2. When it is done, it may still look liquidy. Give it a good stir and it will all come together.
3. Serve immediately. Save any leftovers in the fridge or freezer… this stuff reheats beautifully!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”