This Spaghetti Carbonara recipe is so tasty, your guests will think you’re a professional chef! Pro-tip: Make sure your pasta is fresh from the pot when adding to the sauce so that the eggs in your sauce cook up properly!
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Working quickly, stir in egg mixture and pasta, and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Make sure your pasta is hot, because that is cooking the eggs in your sauce.
- Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley (if desired), serve and enjoy!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”