Sometimes, with all the bad news in the world, you just need your faith in humanity restored. For those times, we now present 20 times that humanity rose to the occasion and proved that we’re not all bad. (Hint, this is a great list to send to a friend who’s having a bad day.)
1. The time that a stranger paid it forward with tires.
2. An elderly man had a heart attack while shoveling his driveway. Not only did the paramedics save his life, but they returned to finish shoveling for him.
3. When Irish rugby player Brian O’Driscoll visited his biggest fan in the children’s hospital.
4. This emotional day when the San Jose Sharks made Sam Tageson, a young man born with a heart condition, an official Shark for the day.
5. The times when firefighters look out for our fur babies.
6. This stranger looking out for your ride.
7. This amazing letter sent to a pizza shop.
8. This tourist giving up his own shoes.
9. A police officer handcuffed himself to a woman who was ready to take her own life. The officer was able to work with a crowd of supporters to save her life.
10. This birthday wish come true.
11. A stranger won 24,000 tickets at Dave & Buster’s. He gave them all to this one lucky kid.
12. From this Redditor: “My card was declined in the Tampa airport the other day. Stepped out of line to check my balance, and when I came back this was waiting for me. If you’re reading this, thanks for making my day.”
13. This stranger’s gift of a nice dinner.
14. Playtime in Phoebe’s loving memory.
15. This parking karma.
16. This stranger helping an older woman to the train.
17. This laundry room savior.
18. A last paw print to remember Molly by.
19. This rainy-day hero.
20. This dry cleaner who wants to see you succeed.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”